B2B 2017 (Bus to Boston)
As in past years, the Merrimack Valley Striders Running Club is sponsoring bus transportation for club members to the start of the Boston Marathon in Hopkinton.
The buses will leave from Salvatore Restaurant, 354 Merrimack St, Lawrence MA and bring runners and volunteers to Hopkinton. The return trip to Salvatore Restaurant after the race is available for those wishing to take it. Refreshments & snacks will be provided on the return trip. The return trip is included.
Please bring three dollars to tip the bus driver.
- Please arrive at Salvatore's parking lot by 4:45 AM!
- Buses leave Salvatore Restaurant @ 5:30 AM. Please do not be late.
Buses leave Boston at 3:30 PM to 4:00 PM, and a second bus at around 5:30 PM.
If you do not expect to complete the marathon in time to make the last bus at 5:30 PM, please be sure to make other arrangements for a ride.
Carefully Note The Following:
- The fee for the bus is $35, and $25 for volunteers.
- You must have current MVS membership.
- The bus is strictly for Boston Marathon runners and official MVS/BAA volunteers only.
- Capacity: 101 seats are available.
- Applications will not be accepted for members unless current year dues are paid.
- Credit card or personal checks are accepted in the checkout cart.
- Seats will be confirmed by email only.
Reserve a Seat:
Pre-Boston Marathon Pasta: New Date and FREE!
The pre-Boston Marathon tradition is back with important changes this year. The event will be held during the March General Meeting, 3/29/17, and MVS will pick up the tab (= FREE!.) The event is open to all MVS members.
Post Marathon Party: Monday April 17, 2017 6:30PM
Running the Boston Marathon is an incredible accomplishment! Celebrate your victory and stories with your MVS friends and family at the Post Boston Marathon Party, held at Salvatore’s, 354 Merrimack St. Lawrence MA, at 6:30 right after the Marathon on Monday, April 17.
You do not have to be running the marathon to be attending as this is open for all Striders.
Dinner will feature a buffet with desserts and coffee. Cash Bar. Price is $20 per person for adults and children over 12. No charge for children under 12. Early registration is required, by 4/10/17.