B2B 2020 (Bus to Boston)
Merrimack Valley Striders running club offers bus transportation again this year for club members to the start of the Boston Marathon in Hopkinton.
The buses will leave from the McGovern Transportation Center (Lawrence MBTA Station, 211 Merrimack St, Lawrence MA and bring runners and volunteers to Hopkinton. The return trip to Lawrence T Station or Salvatore Restaurant after the race is available for those wishing to take it. Refreshments & snacks will be provided on the return trip. The return trip is included.
Please bring three dollars to tip the bus driver.
Lawrence T Information
24 HOUR FACILITY
400 PARKING SPOTS
$8 MAX PER DAY
PICK UP AND DROP OFF WILL BOTH BE AT THE THE TRAIN STATION.
WE WILL ALSO DROP FOLKS DIRECTLY AT SALVATORE'S IF PREFERRED.
8 MINUTE WALK TO/FROM SALVATORE'S.
IMPORTANT : NOTE REPORT TIMES FOR VOLUNTEERS AND RUNNERS!
- Please arrive at Lawrence T Station parking lot by 5:00 AM!
- Volunteer Bus leaves Lawrence T Station @ 5:30 AM. Please do not be late.
Please arrive at Lawrence T Station parking lot by 6:00am!
Runner Bus leaves Lawrence T Station at 6:30am. Please do not be late.
First bus will leave Boston by 4:00pm or when full, second bus will leave around 5:30pm.
If you do not expect to complete the marathon in time to make the last bus at 5:30 PM, please be sure to make other arrangements for a ride.
Carefully Note The Following:
- The fee for the bus is $35, and $25 for volunteers.
- You must have current MVS membership.
- The bus is strictly for Boston Marathon runners and official MVS/BAA volunteers only.
- Capacity: 101 seats are available.
- Applications will not be accepted for members unless current year dues are paid.
- Credit card or personal checks are accepted in the checkout cart.
- Seats will be confirmed by email only.
- Please bring a gratuity of $3 cash for the bus driver.
Reserve a Seat:
Pre-Boston Marathon Pasta: New Date and FREE!
The pre-Boston Marathon tradition is back with important changes this year. The event will be held during the previous General Meeting, and MVS will pick up the tab (= FREE!.) The event is open to all MVS members.
Post Marathon Party
Running the Boston Marathon is an incredible accomplishment! Celebrate your achievement and share your stories with your MVS friends and family at the Post Boston Marathon Party, held at Salvatore’s, 354 Merrimack St. Lawrence MA.
Party attendance is open for all Striders, marathoners and the best fans!
Dinner will feature a buffet with desserts and coffee. Cash Bar. Price is $20 per person for adults and children over 10. No charge for children under 10. Early registration is required.