Coaching: Winter Sessions
MVS Winter Track 2017 ($75) – (fee does not apply to Montessori registrants)
We are thrilled to have an indoor facility for workouts in the winter - the Andover High School field house. It's great to be able to enjoy a run in shorts and a short sleeve shirt in the middle of winter!
You will be assigned to a pace group and coach so that you can challenge yourself by running with friends around your pace. The music and high energy level will help you move through intervals with intermittent breaks.
We alternate direction to help balance your hips and knees and to reduce stress. Each workout begins with a 10 - 15 minute warm up before we meet as a group for dynamic drills and review of the week's workout. Those runners that use Heart Rate monitors or other tracking watches are encouraged to use wear them as an added tool to monitor progress.
All experience and fitness levels are welcome! Come see the difference a winter indoor track season can make for your spring adventures!
We meet Tuesday evenings 7:00-8:15 PM, [Jan 3 - March 28] at the Andover High School Field house.
What to expect out of this 12 week program
- Coach Sharon Johnson will send you an email welcoming you to the program.
- You will be added to a weekly email distribution list, detailing the workouts of the week, and expectations regarding preparation and recovery, as well as other club reminders.
MVS Montessori Strength Winter 2017 ($125)
New runners, walkers, and experienced runners - come in from the cold for fun, camaraderie and a chance to build strength, balance, and mobility. By the end of the sessions, you'll experience more athletic and injury resilient bodies!
Here’s what is included in this 12-week session:
- Monday or Thursday strength, balance, and mobility workout and a great group dynamic.
- A personal training approach that is specifically designed for individual’s goals, interests and abilities. This includes training plans, support with lifestyle habits, nutrition, recovery, strength and healthy movement.
- Participation in Tuesday track workout.
We meet Mondays 7-8PM and Thursdays 12-1PM [Jan 2 - March 30 ] at FYFE Fitness Studio in North Andover.
What to expect when you register:
- You will be asked to fill out an athlete profile.
- You will be added to the weekly email distribution list. This includes updates about the workouts and information about how to run smart and strong no matter what your goals or experiences may be.
What is MVS’s Montessori Run Program?
This weekly workout is run in the spirit of the Montessori method. We approach and support runners based on their own initiative, unique abilities and strengths. Coach Deanna Pomfret and the workout meet you where you are with your training.